Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Peace a world can not give - John 14:27

I already am desperately trying to cling to Pacem.

It has been less than three days since I departed  Pacem im Terris and already I feel at times the waves are hitting against me at a rapid pace...I can see the life buoy, but, it is just out of reach.

While in my hermitage I found great comfort in keeping the tiniest flame flickering



The candle was an invitation,
more to myself than God.
It drew me in to sit down, listen , look, feel and know God was surrounding me, everywhere and at every moment.

Naturally, I figured I could easily repeat this tiny comfort when I returned home.

How hard can it be?  A trip to Target for a candle?

Well this a.m. it proved nearly impossible




2 candle attempts-because neither will stay lit!
see all those matches. 
SEE all those MATCHES!
notice, neither candle has a flame.

My peaceful morning with God was quickly becoming more of a comedy routine.

I was not about to give in.

I wanted my portion of Pacem 

Thankfully I found this:


not exactly the type of peaceful symbol I was hoping for...........
A beautiful hip or shoulder...I don't know....some kind of bone my son found in the woods made a lovely candle holder.
But,  let's be real,
in this world God's peace is really tough to find at times.
While I was with God  Pacem im Terris
God gave me  the gift of understanding and experiencing a extremely small portion, a  hint of  HIS peace that I will some day be granted every moment  in heaven.
It was so refreshing and calming I long to repeat it everyday.


But - I still am living in this world.
Striving to be in it 
but not of it.

And, sometimes that will require me to stretch my imagination & not give up when the obvious falls short
of bringing peace.

God is always there.

He may just prefer to show Himself to me in a dead animal bone candle holders vs a pretty girly one.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27


No comments:

Post a Comment