Saturday, November 30, 2013

Marred Intentions

You can only do so many loads of laundry.

& then you just gotta do something a little more exciting.

I had scrubbed my last dish for the day & decided to attempt a new "craft."

Finding the supplies = easy.

Why?  Because I break a lot of things.

Most things I do are intentional & with purpose.  My husband may argue with this, mainly because of the large quantity of phone calls he receives at work telling him not to take his shoes off when he gets home for fear of cutting his foot on yet another broken object on the floor.

But, God talks to me in ways not typical to ordinary folks.
(That may need to be a blog post all on it's own)

So, of course God has been teaching me through brokenness.

I was reminded yesterday that many times the spot that heals becomes stronger than it ever was.

This is true, even for the brokenhearted

 
 
In no way does this mean there will not be pain in the process of healing
 
To make my heat whole I had to cover it first.  I knew once uncovered it would resemble a heart but not until the time was right.
 
Jeremiah 18:4 the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
 
It was there under a slop of grout........and little by little I could wipe away a bit at a time.
 
 
 


 

 
 
 
 
When I feel broken.             I sometimes I forget.      
I am MARRED in Gods hands broken Intentionally for something
only He can currently see.
 
Zephaniah 3:17  Has been making itself known to me in many occasions lately
The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
 
At first thought, being Marred in God's hands seems frightening.
 
But, picture this..........................being rocked, sung to, covered and quieted by His love.
 
For goodness sakes, each on of us is broken. 
 
And yet we try to cover our brokeness with grout...NEVER to be uncovered.
We are ashamed.
 
NEVER to break forth
 
 
 
                  
Why do we not allow God to wipe away the mess so we can be used to Glorify Him in the ways only He sees best?
 
Admit your brokenness and move onto to being stronger in those areas than you ever were before.
 
The world has caused you to believe that broken is not also beautiful........
so we hide away.........
 
We stop serving in our church & community.
We become closed off to the people at Shopko, at our children's school.
We even 'put on airs' & mistreat those who we are more alike than not.
& the world wins.

STOP pretending God has never had you Marred in His hands.
 
Use your new found strength
 
Let His better purposes break forth.
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment